Veteran's Day, November 11, 2013
What are you thankful for? Today, I am grateful for all the Men and Women who have served our country and sacrificed their safety for our Freedom. I am thankful for my Dad, Robert Wright, who served in 1st Recon Battalion in Vietnam, and for all the stories he has been able to share about his service over the years. I am thankful for my cousin, David, who served in the US Army in Korea and Iraq/Afghanistan, and I am thankful to my cousin, Matthew, who has dedicated himself and devoted his entire adult career to serve in the US Navy. I am thankful to so many others I have known and those I will never know that have given of themselves to make our lives better and ensure our continued freedom here in the USA. Let's be thankful to ALL of our service men and women, and praise God that he created individuals so brave that they are and were willing to risk their lives for the purpose of improving ours. That is true sacrifice of self that is greater than all other sacrifices imaginable, except for one, and that is the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, who gave his life so that you and I may choose salvation and freedom for life eternal. We do not deserve either, but we must be humbled and grateful that we can receive both Freedom and Eternal life through these amazing sacrifices given by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the American Soldier!
No comments:
Post a Comment